Short-term mission experiences are those cross-cultural missionary assignments ranging from one week to one month. For many years, FPC Macon has offered mission opportunities that impact people in both their physical and spiritual lives. Each year about 50 FPC members participate in spring and summer mission trips.
So, why go on a mission trip?
- For the advancement of the Kingdom of God
- To have a greater vision for missions
- To better understand what life is like in other countries
- To better understand people and their universal needs
- To have more empathy for missionaries and the problems they face
- To have a greater appreciation for what you have at home
Contact our Missions Secretary, April Kitchell, with any questions about short term mission trips through FPC Macon. She can be reached by email, or by phone at our church office, 478-746-3223 (ext. 122).
Please pray for our upcoming mission trips and our team members! A list of team members for each trip can be found, here.
We work with one of our Major Partners to minister to the children of Casa Hogar del Nino each year. There are two trip opportunities:
- Summers at Casa Hogar –Typically held in July, our summer trip to Acapulco is designed for our Youth to experience short term missions, often for the first time. This is one of the largest short term trips we offer – usually with a team of 25-30 students and adults. Learn more about our next summer trip, here.
- Christmas at Casa Hogar – This special opportunity to display the love of Emmanuel to the children of Casa Hogar takes place in December. Designed for adults only, this is a shorter trip scheduled over a long weekend, during which a small team of FPC representatives share gifts and a Christmas fiesta with the children. Click here if you would like to learn more.
Our Missionary Partners, Robbie and Murray Lathrop have been working in Nicaragua for over 10 years. Join us for this short term trip in the late-spring to work on their Pineapple Farm, Piñas de Paz. Adults and youth are welcome! Learn more about our next trip to Nicaragua, here.
Join John Kinser for a teaching and reconstruction mission trip to Haiti. FPC will partner with El Shaddai Ministries International, which is working to rebuild after the recent hurricane season. Find out more on our next trip to Haiti, here.
African Bible Colleges
Chuck Duggan leads a team to one campus of African Bible Colleges approximately every two years. The theme for this trip is “Empower Malawi” and the main work of the team will be to install solar panels on the campus of African Bible College in Lilongwe, Malawi. Learn more about this opportunity, here.
Every participant in a mission trip through FPC Macon is required to complete our application process. Ultimate approval of all trips and team members lie with the FPC Macon Missions Committee.
To begin our Short Term Missions Application process, please click here.
Here are some resources you may need in the process of preparing to go on a Short Term Mission trip. Please read the literature and agreements carefully – signing up to participate on any mission trip is a serious decision which should be made with much prayer and patience. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our Missions Secretary.