- All Events
- Church Wide
- Mid Adults
- Senior Adults
- Young Adults
Worship on the Lawn
March 7 @ 11:00 am - 11:45 am
An event every week that begins at 11:00 am on Sunday, repeating until April 25, 2021
Join us for Worship on the Lawn at FPC on Sunday at 11 am.
Weather Permitting, we will gather at 11:00 AM.
Our aim is to allow congregants and those helping in worship to be in the shade during the service.
Here are the details:
- In case of imminent rain, high winds, or temperatures below 45 degrees at our start time, the 11:00 service will be held inside, live-streamed, and with overflow seating in the Fellowship Hall, as needed. Our all-church texting will enable us to make that decision by 8 am on Sunday and get the word out immediately, if necessary.
- Please bring your own chair or blanket to sit on.
- We will gather in front of the sanctuary on Mulberry St. which will be closed off by the City for our service. We can spread out on the church lawn, the sidewalks, the street, or in Lamar Park (the shaded median area of Mulberry).
- A nursery is available by registration only. Please email Lori Gillis at firstname.lastname@example.org if this is your first time using the nursery since we started the outdoor worship service.
- The service will last about 45 minutes.
- There will be printed copies of the bulletin available at both services. However, the Worship Guide will also be available for you to print beforehand for use during worship both in person and livestream. It will be posted here by Saturday.
- If you prefer to remain in your car, you may park on the other side of Mulberry St. or in the lot on the corner by The Grand. You should be able to hear with your windows down.
- The church building will be closed but the restrooms on the first floor at the First St. entrance will be available. Touch-free fixtures have been installed.
- 2 security personnel will be on site as well as several deacons to help with logistics.
- Has the City approved this? Yes. We have their blessing and a permit.
- What about social distancing? We will be maintaining the recommended six feet of distance between individuals/family units. Please be mindful of this as you arrive and as you leave and spread out accordingly. Please do not greet one another by shaking hands or hugging. We will not pass an offering plate but there will be an offering box for tithes and offerings after the service.
View our Guide for Worship on the Lawn, here
To access the livestream of this service, follow the link from our homepage.
A word from our Pastor:
It is of utmost importance that we follow social distancing requirements for the safety of everyone and for our corporate testimony and witness to the community. It feels very unnatural and weird, but let’s do our best. If you are the least bit hesitant or uncomfortable about attending, please stay home and join us online. Gov. Kemp’s Executive Order (in effect until June 12) and CDC guidelines require those who are 65 and older along with any who have serious underlying medical conditions like asthma, diabetes or other chronic conditions to Shelter in Place. Lastly, if you are not feeling well this Sunday with a cough or fever, please stay home as a way to love and serve others.