Join Cornerstone as we learn about missions and participate in a service project during our 2021 Missions Conference!
Family Missions Conference Box
We are making Missions Conference boxes for every family so that all our children (in person and virtual) can learn about missions and enjoy the crafts, toys and Slugs and Bugs CD.
Three ways to get your Family Missions Conference Box:
- Pick up your box from the church office before the conference so you can participate at home. Email me if you plan to pick it up.
- If your family attends the conference in person, you will receive your box then.
- If we don’t hear from your family, we will deliver your box to your home the week after the conference.
On Sunday, February 7, children (K4-6th Grade) will sing the chorus of The King of Love My Shepherd Is and recite Psalm 23 (ESV), in both services. We will work on the song and Psalm 23 during the Missions Conference, but I hope kids that can’t attend Friday and Saturday of the Missions Conference will practice at home and join us on Sunday. We will have prizes for kids who recite Psalm 23 to either me or Anna during the Missions Conference. I will also mail prizes to children who recite it to me over the phone.
Below is the link to The King of Love My Shepherd Is. We will have a soloist sing the verses and our children will just sing the chorus. Please practice at home!
Schedule for Sunday, February 7
8:30 am – Meet for a quick practice in the sanctuary.
9 am – Indoor Service –Kids Sing and recite Psalm 23 at the beginning of the service. After they sing, the kids can sit with their parents in the sanctuary or you can take them to the nursery. The nursery is open for 1st grade and under.
9:45 am – Special Missions Sunday School with Rev. Elliott Everett
- K-6th grade — drop off in Cornerstone
- K4 and under — drop off in the nursery
10:50 am – We will escort your children outside.
11 am – Outdoor Service (weather permitting) — Kids will sing and recite Psalm 23 promptly at 11am. After they sing, they will be dismissed to their parents.
The Children’s Ministry will be making care packages for the residents at The Oaks at Peake (Assisted Living). Many of the residents have been especially lonely during the pandemic and these packages are a way to demonstrate Christ’s love.
There are four ways your kids can help!
- Sign up to bring in specific items for the care packages on the sign-up-genius. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0C4CA8AF2CA5F5CE9-items
- Give a donation — change and chore money are great!
- Make handwritten notes or drawings.
- Help assemble the packages during the Missions Conference, Saturday Feb.6 from 9:30-11:30
You can drop off the items/donations/cards on Sunday 1/24 or 1/31 at the nursery desk or at the Children’s Ministry table outside (11am service only).
Please let Spring Rawlings know if you have questions about the Children’s Conference.